Monday, July 24, 2017

Poetry


Poetry

What comes to mind when you think of this genre? 

Humor, dread, fear, excitement, love ?????

For me - I would say that in the past it was dread and fear.  Then my husband shared his poetry with me.  He introduced me to Shel Silverstein.

Now, I want to convey to my elementary students the "other" side of poetry...the POSITIVE.

So Sally and I jumped into POETRY in April.

 First, I chose this fun read aloud last week :)




Website for template - Poem in my Pocket

Students in grade 1 created spring acrostic poems using this template

Image result for spring acrostic poem template
Spring Acrostic



Students in grade 2 and 3 searched through a variety of poem books and copied a poem for their pocket (or a library pocket)


Template  for writing your "Poem in your Pocket"



No comments:

Post a Comment