Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Information Overload

Keystone Technology Institute (KTI) has been AMAZING!!!!!!

However, I have to admit a bit of information overload.  I am going to give you a few take-aways and ah-ha's from today's 11 hours of learning, collaborating, thinking, and discovering.  This is just the big ideas...fellow educators who LOVE technology just have to experience this event for themselves.

First take away/ah-ha:
Technology speed dating is a great way to learn!  Imagine the power of 100 people sharing his/her favorite app or educational website.
The spreadsheet created is packed with information and ideas.

Second take away/ah ha:
How to make my phone a "remote" to control my slide shows in Office 365.  So cool and useful...
Just need to get it to all "sinc" and it will be magical!

Third take away/ah ha:
Thinking and learning through the eyes of my students is a great way to shift my perspective.
Today was more design challenges, visiting 16 different maker stations, the "Amazing Make" event, and being in the shoes of the learner.  Experience success and failures is a powerful learning tool!

Fourth take away/ah ha:
I am getting great tips and tricks for both the library and the "STEAM" class, but also my fellow educators.  Today, I heard great ideas like creating a reading nook with comfortable seating (sounds like a common sense item, but it was my ah-ha).  Finding an app or website to record students reading fluency at the beginning and end of the year.  Imagine playing that at an IEP meeting...imagine the parent who can hear the growth in his/her child's reading over the course of the year.  Plus grant and funding ideas :) 

Final take away/ah-ha:
FREE STUFF IS SO FUN!  Today I caught a t-shirt, my name was pulled to get 2 months free subscription to Actively Learn, someone else passed on an educational video, and more!  There are so many companies that are sponsoring and supporting PAECT to make this an amazing week :)

Here are a few pictures from today:

Newspaper building challenge

The final outcome 

My prize collection - video, ear buds, subscription to Actively Learn, and t-shirt from WeVideo

Front of the t-shirt

Hands-on learning with this "Amazing Race" themed activity




2 comments:

  1. Wow! Make sure you get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow will be just as amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I just picked my 3 choice sessions:
    Google Schmoogle (databases for elementary students)
    Authentic Audiences (blogging)
    Digital Story Telling
    Plus lots of other sessions :)

    ReplyDelete