Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Lead, Develop, Advocate, and Connect


These four words are driving the entire KTI experience!

So what am I learning after 2.5 days in each of these areas?

LEAD:
One theme has been leading from the middle.  What does that mean?  I can be a teacher and a leader in my educational community/school when I return.  How do I that?   By developing...

DEVELOP:
I am developing as a teacher and learner while at KTI.  Today I learned about many topics but my big 3 were the following:
      1. Alternatives to Google for research for the elementary student
      2. How to give all students a voice
      3. Digital story telling apps and websites
It has been amazing the new tools, ideas, and information that you can learn in these smaller break out sessions

ADVOCATE:

I need to be advocate for the library, the curriculum, the students, and so much more!  I will be learning more on this topic tomorrow and Friday...so stay tuned.

CONNECT:
The best part of a conference or an in-service day is connecting.  I learn so much from lunch talks or casual conversations while waiting for a training to start.  Fellow librarians stick together and are sharing amazing ideas!

So here are a few pictures from today's learning and adventures:

Building with "LEGOS" with these four key words



Fidget Spinner fun 


90's themed outing to a local winery
 This was my attempt at a throwback outfit 
High School jacket!

Breathtaking views tonight from our adventure/outing





No comments:

Post a Comment