Monday, July 24, 2017

Keystone Technology Summit

Last summer and school year, I spent a year with a program through Pennsylvania State Library Association called "Sustaining Leaders" as seen in my post from last summer Sustaining Leaders

This summer, I have a NEW opportunity...Keystone Technology Summit brought together by PAECT which focuses on technology in education (PAECT).  My principal nominated me to be a Keystone Technology Star for implementing technology in my building and community.  I then completed an application.  From the 600 nominations, about 100 teachers, technology coaches, librarians, and more were selected and I was one of them from the entire state of Pennsylvania.

I am spending Monday through Friday at Shippensburg University learning and growing.

Want to know more?  Check it out on the web at Keystone Technology Summit.   Today will be shorter post since we had only had dinner, STEM challenge, ignite sessions, and learned about the LAUNCH cycle for design thinking for students.  I only learned about part one tonight, but might spend my TV free time tonight clicking through this website - The Launch Cycle
Found this cool video so far



Look for more on this and so many other topics tomorrow from Office 365 to makerspaces.

If you want to follow along - search for #kti17 on both facebook and twitter.

Here are few pictures and captions to go with this first day!

Banner over main session room tonight

Follow the Keystone Stars to the main session

Great graphic - does it come on T-Shirt?

Teachers learn by being learners themselves
 Here is our design challenge outcome of the spaghetti tower


LAUNCH CYCLE - here is what I am working on this week!

Look for more pictures, ideas, ah-ha's, and so much more this week :)





4 comments:

  1. Great post. Enjoy the KTI Summit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather have a wonderful time! It was the best week of my life. MaryBeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to be completed immersed in this experience! It sounds like a dynamic week ahead.

      Delete