Friday, March 27, 2020

Quaran-teaching


This is how I feel.  It began earlier this week with a Zoom meeting to discuss our district plan starting to create materials.

Overall, it was and has been exciting and overwhelming.  I scoured facebook groups, my blog, and many other resources for ideas.  What would people have at home?  What are skills that can be practiced offline and online?  What is interesting?

I created two choice boards which go LIVE next week (look for those next week).  In addition, I have been supporting my fellow teachers as we navigated this new process.  Our district tried one format, but that didn't work as predicted.  So a second option was sent out.  So I uploaded my files twice.

Plus, I had to stop into school today to get my computer updated since it was taking 7-10 minutes per upload.  Finally, that seems to be fixed by IT.

I also grabbed all the seeds to try to start the school garden at home.  Thanks to Annette who is our PTO president who got them donated last year for us! 



Another activity that I completed today was picking up boxes from UPS from our Scholastic Book Fair proceeds.  SO MANY AWESOME BOOKS.

I have been keeping busy with my children and cleaning my house on top of the teaching responsibilities.

What have you been doing?

Here is the Read Alouds and Lego Challenges that I have offered to my students via facebook:

Read Alouds


YOU CAN TRY ANY OF THESE LEGO CHALLENGES AT HOME!

March LEGO challenges

Please stay healthy and stay safe! Soon this craziness will be over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment