Monday, July 11, 2016

Welcome

I created this blog in 2010....and did nothing with it...no followers, no posts, no activity!

I wanted this time to be better, different, lasting, etc...

So after attending the Pennsylvania State Library Association, I met Richard Byrne.  He has an amazing technology website (http://www.freetech4teachers.com),  This summer, I am taking a 5 week course on blogging and social media that he offers!

WHY am I creating this blog?
1. To share with school community what I am doing in the library and computer lab/maker space
2. To share my ideas with other librarians
3. It is part of my Professional Learning Experience.  In the spring 2016, I applied and was accepted to be part of a cohort of mid-career librarians

WHAT will you find on this blog?
Lesson idea, student work, makerspace product reviews, links, and more

WHEN will I post on this blog?
Every Sunday is the goal for posting my big update for the week.  In addition, on our school's DAY 5, I will share what the students had been working on.

WHO is creating the elementary librarian blog?
My name is Heather.  I am an elementary librarian for 500 students in Kindergarten through 4th grade in north western Pennsylvania.  Below is a picture of my beautiful family!




No comments:

Post a Comment