Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Continuing Education

Continuing Education...Life Long Learner...Teach the Teacher

I am always striving to learn and grow in some way personally and professionally.  There is ALWAYS something to learn.

So here is my story about Sustaining Leaders through the Pennsylvania State Library Association (PSLA).  Sustaining Leaders Academy

January/February - I see a post about this new learning co-hort opportunity that I would have to apply to on the website and via emails.  So I re-write a resume (I hadn't done one in 7+ years), essay, letter of recommendation, etc...
March - accepted into program for mid-career librarians in Pennsylvania with 6-15 years experience (only 23 in the state were accepted)
April - answer an extensive self survey
May - attend PSLA in May in Hershey, meet the team of Sustaining Leaders, meet my mentor, etc...
May/June - develop my Personalized Learning Plan
July - attend a 4 day immersion learning experience to RENEW, REFRESH, and REVITALIZE the library.

Here is one piece that I have accomplished below which will be my frame for my Personalized Learning Program!






No comments:

Post a Comment