Monday, July 25, 2016

AH HA moments in the library

On Friday, most of the family (minus the teenager) went to the library for building/block time.  It was a blast watching everyone build, create, think, explore, and interact with one another.

My favorite story was with my 6 and 8 year old children playing with KEVA planks.  Ben made a ramp and was rolling a ball down.  Eventually, they creatively decided to make sides so the ball would stay on the path.  Then the ball would not go FAR enough down the path....so they figured out if the ramp was HIGHER then the ball might roll farther.  This is the basic of physics!  Bella was getting all scientific.

It was an AH HA moment...I want the students in my library having these moments in school library where I work every day!

Here are two pictures from our adventure...same planks were used in both pictures!

Who wants KEVA planks now?

Keva Planks



No comments:

Post a Comment