Saturday, February 19, 2022

Update

Thank you for the kind comments and support last week in the middle of my emotional crumbling.  It happens to the best of us.  I was prepared for the emotional, physical, and many other stresses of the pandemic going into the 20-21 school year.  However, many teachers and adult humans were led astray to think that the 21-22 school year would be easier, more manageable, less stressful, etc...  WRONG!

This year has been a roller coaster ride and I just am doing my best to focus on my goal to provide the best education to my students as possible.  

The capstone of the week was collaborating with my specials team to create a fun filled day to finish up the America Heart Challenge.  Students learned about the heart in the gym and how to transfer the blue de-oxygenated blood cells to the lungs...then pass 5 red oxygenated blood cells back to body.  It was a fun relay with students passing the ball while laying on their backs.  Then the students played a tablet tag - the goal was for the students to stay sleeping and not to be woke up by the tablet - aka balls. 

In the auditorium/library, students made a heart map.  They put in activities that they enjoy to relax, favorite healthy foods, favorite colors, heart healthy activities, and something to show the importance of sleep.  It was an awesome creative activity based on a Ted Talk.  


Then Friday was a day to collaborate and learn with our fellow teachers.  

Here are few pictures of our paper tower challenge from last week.  The tallest was 51 inches!






Coloring a heart, listening to Pebble Go about our heart, and more is on the schedule for this week!

Hoping some sunshine and time with family re-fills my tank this weekend...plus Monday is a holiday.

Plus we are in a step challenge at work.  I got this new "fancy" ish pedometer.  I hope to increase my steps and track my sleep.  Not sure what is normal and not normal, but data is helpful to staying healthy!  

I walked nearly 14000 steps on Thursday.  Friday was almost 4000.  Goal for today is 4000!  We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment