Saturday, February 12, 2022

Does life slow down?

I was rocking the weekly blog posts for a while then it came crashing to a halt.   

I probably should not be writing this blog post today...I am in a grumpy mood/funk this morning.  Why? 
I am super busy but not getting anywhere. 
One child cancelled a text on my phone from another my mom.  This meant my pre-teen girl missed a last minute party.  She knew about the party but thought that she wasn't invited.  She was invited at the last minute and I missed the text because I checked out on a Friday night and ignored my phone.  I feel bad - these are important moments.
My clean house a week ago looks like a crime scene (okay not that bad but not where I want it to be). 
My teen is behind in history and I get to do catch up.  He has set a goal to get on honor rolls - this is going to be a challenge for him/us.
Plus, I injured my back this week and did not have time to set up an appointment with my chiropractor and I am in pain.  How?  Coughing - yep - old people injuries.  It was feeling better but is really hurting this morning.
Oh and one of my go-to people at work - a work bestie is taking an extended leave.  Another close co-worker bestie changed jobs at the beginning of year.  I snapped at another last week.  Covid stole my team lunches...adulting in a pandemic is TOUGH!  I was reminded of all of this as we had a Souper Bowl luncheon yesterday.

I should look at my blessings...but nope the funk has taken over...I want to cry...I want to scream...I am frustrated.  Okay as I type, I am now crying.  Yep...some days we can be a cheerleader and all fake...some days you get a raw blog post.

Thank you for letting me type out my emotions...but let us focus on why I started this blog - to document what is going on in STEAM classes.  

3rd and 4th graders are working on Microbits.  I regret that we do not have pictures.  But we learned to sign in, create basic code, download/upload the program, and now are working on making it a dice.  The website is awesome - I just wish that I had the new version with microphone and audio out put.  I am considering buying new ones soon!  Check them out at this website - Microbit website



Where can I buy them?  The starter kit for the new version is $40 on Amazon - Amazon store

2nd grade has been learning about PIXELS and PIXEL ART.  I even got in my formal observation on Monday this week.  I just need to finish up my data.

I am using some resources and lessons that I have before.  I will follow up on Monday with some pictures of our STARS that we created.  But we did finish our 2nd virtual Stick Together Mosaic.  Next topic will be our paper tower challenge!  Look for an update next week.


Now we are working our next one!  What do you think this might be?


1st grade - has worked on math skills like counting by 1's, 10's, and 100's...
We were counting markers for Crayola ColorCycle!  It is on PAUSE because of the pandemic.  ColorCycle


Plus we are starting The Perfect Square - but 2 groups have not done this yet!

Kindergarten is working on tangrams.  This is always fun to watch them think and create.  I use this video.  We create two in the first class and then one more the second class.  


Plus we use StarFall to practice afterwards.  Starfall shape puzzles

Okay - so there are not many student pictures or project pictures...but lots of hard work happening in STEAM.  

I think that some retail therapy is in order - maybe a trip to my fav thrift store with the kids and their Valentine's Day money from grandma or to get some "essential unmentionables"  that need a serious update!  

I think that some fresh air might also be a good choice.  Not sure what today holds...but stewing is not good or binging on the Olympics!

Here are some of shape snowflakes from January!























No comments:

Post a Comment