Sunday, September 5, 2021

6 weeks - time to catch up

 GOBLIN IN THE NOTCH

 The fun just keeps on coming as well as the surprises!  We are having fun with a scavenger hunt/adventure created by "the Goblin in the Notch" - see these two links for the back story:
Goblin in the Notch
Goblin in the Notch - part 2

My kids are loving running up to check the mailbox...it has been a super busy few weeks so the time for hiking is limited...but they have squeezed in a few treks to the follow the latest Goblin in the Notch letter.

The walking sticks and tooth/claw necklace were the highlights!

My children talk about this as a highlight of the summer.  It has added a huge layer of fun, surprise, and wholesome fun to our summer.






SENECA LIBRARY

Erin and I flipped the high media center in 7 days!  This was a HUGE project...but I will share more after the September board meeting (I am hoping to share with the school board).
Here are the before and after pictures.  It is NOT done!!! 


BEFORE PICTURES!




HERE IS THE AFTER PICTURES


This is a panoramic of the new library space.  The boxes are leaving!



GARDEN

Last Monday, my husband and I picked carrots, peas, beans, tomatoes, peppers, 10 cucumbers, zucchini, and more!  These were given to the school cafeteria for lunches.  Some were served cold and fresh...others were added to create mixed veggies!

I brought cute little bowls - broccoli, peppers, cherry tomatoes

CUCUMBERS!!

Carrots abound...plus peas and beans


Internet Safety!!

This is always my first lesson in STEAM.  It is the law...so this is the new video that I shared with students in my bitmoji classroom.  This was shared in homeroom...and then we go into depth in STEAM using Common Sense Media.


Here is the video:



Look for more updates and pictures next week!! I need to take more pictures plus my first week lessons are not finished so I do not want to share too much about STEAM yet!




No comments:

Post a Comment