Monday, September 5, 2016

STEM vs. STEAM

I love acronyms.  They can make writing something longer so much shorter.  But educational ones can be confusing, used with ease by educators, and confusing to community people.  Over the past two weeks, I have been working on switching my brain to STEAM vs STEM.  In addition, Wattsburg Elementary Center will be offering STEAM as one of the "specials" along with art, gym, music, and library. 

First what does STEM stand for?
    SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, and MATH
What does STEAM stand for?
    SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, ART, and MATH

Where did this start or where can I find more resources?
STEAM
Article

What are your thoughts on STEM vs. STEAM?  Any other great resources or articles?

Later this week look for information on my students first STEM project!

No comments:

Post a Comment