Saturday, September 17, 2016

STEAM when there is no "T"

Oh TECHNOLOGY!  Oh TECHNOLOGY

What do you do in a STEAM classroom without computers?

What do you do in a STEAM classroom with very few supplies?

GET CREATIVE!

The first 3 weeks were on boats, buoyancy, floating/sinking!  Thank goodness for a patient educational aide, borrowing LEGOS from the art teacher, Bill Nye the Science Guy, and free resources from our public library through HOOPLA.

Today I planned a three week unit on simple machines.  Low tech and high learning are the goals!

I now can rattle off more information than I ever knew about boat, displacement, and more.

Look for pictures of our boats, LEGO challenge, sinking/floating and more...the camera card is at school and I am home for the weekend.

So look for TECHNOLOGY updates...until then...my STEAM is more of SEAM classroom :)

When is the TECHNOLOGY coming????
My current mantra is "The tables are coming, The tables are coming"  like Paul Revere might say....
The company said that it should take about 21 business days to ship out the order.  21 business days feel like FOREVER.  I am 7 days into this waiting period.  Then they will ship out to us.


UPDATE AS OF 10/1
WE HAVE COMPUTERS, POWER, and IT IS WORKING!


No comments:

Post a Comment