Saturday, February 4, 2023

Perspective week

 Some weeks life is going well...Some weeks cause you to pause.

This was a tough week...tougher for others but losing two woman was a bit of a mental health speed bump.

Saturday morning my sweet second cousin passed away from brain cancer.  A fellow mom and teacher.  I saw her once a year at reunions...maybe at a wedding or funeral.   I always remember her smile!  It was tough...I regetting not sending a note in January like I wanted to send.  We drifted apart with COVID and no reunions. 

Fast forward, Sunday I fought a mild stomach bug brought home by my 5 year old.  Thanks honey.

As Monday started, news spread of a dear mom in my community who suddendly passed away.  Her son a senior...I knew her as the kindest person.  Any visit to her food truck resulted in her trying to give me an extra.  Plus I worked a few nights with her over the summer.  I was doing a bit of waitressing and she was one of the cooks/fryer.  Her son was playing football and a senior.  She jumped in to fill the opening. What stands out most, her infectious smile.  Always putting others first.

Two smiling joyful giving women...loved others...gone too soon.

There is a beautiful message here...but writing is more therapy than inspiration. 

I just know that I need to live every day with no regrets...

So I am signing off to make home made poptarts, drive kids to musical practice, then build some memories in my home.

I have lesson plans to write for a new exciting lesson on dominoes...not the pizza.

Dominoes are the vehicle to a new unit on energy, kindness, heart health and more!

I like to post photos in this blog, but nothing fit but this quote. This is what stuck out to me as I was listening to my Catechism in a Year podcast this week...we need grace and we need each other! It spoke to me.

The last two minutes really was what I needed to hear...but this was the best nugget.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Heather, I'm so sorry for your losses. Life can really make us pause. Sending hugs, friend! ❤️

    ReplyDelete