Saturday, October 15, 2022

Reflection and Review

I have been thinking a lot lately about this blog...about life...about my faith...I am following Tidy Dad on Instagram and on Friday morning he was talking about tough being a teacher is...this hit home!

I started this blog to document my journey as I created a STEAM program in 2016...6 years later...I am still in the same position.

It has been journey...but hoping to continue to inspire my students, families, and community.

This week I will share some of my educational wins from the past two weeks:

Apple Science Experiment - one goal this year is to do more science!  Science is messy, material and time intense, but SO IMPORTANT!

2nd, 3rd, and 4th learned about the scientific method then discussed questions and hypothesis steps then conductied/reviewed my apple science experiment.  The goal was to figure out how to keep an apple from turning BROWN! 

Here was my inspiration - Apple Science Experiment



Vinegar DID NOT work at all and lemon lime soda worked the best.  I did forget milk on 1 day...Many classes really want to repeat the experiment with apple juice, apple cider, and apple cider vinegar. Teacher WIN!

Fourth grade also watched this cool Sci Show apple video.  It was advanced science, but still cool to think about :)

Other fun lessons - fall Lego challenges for a variety of 1st and 2nd grade groups, first grade worked on scissor skills while creating an apple tree, and K read Leaf Man and practice using a leaf tracer...

Here are a few fun pictures from STEAM:


 







Wait until you see our agamographs, flying/ballooning spiders, pumpkin lava lamp, potato stamping, and so much more over the upcoming weeks.

I spent time today re-doing, re-thinking, re-finding new lesson plans! 

I am re-invigorated and ready for 2 more weeks of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment