Sunday, September 11, 2022

Climate and Culture with Gerry Brooks

 Last week, a fellow teacher mentioned that Gerry Brooks was coming to a town about an hour away.

Initially I wanted to go then I doubted myself - I am not particularly social and just at an awkward phase of life.  I know that they say middle school and high school is the worst - no wait until you are in your mid forties with 6 kids...

So off to Jamestown NY we went without a plan for dinner but the goal was a night of fun and laughs.

One of my teacher besties re-connected, shopped in a cute hippie shop, and explored the town.

Soon we added another teacher and off to dinner we went at a hip craft beer bar called the Beer Snob.  I had a chicken taco.  YUM - if you know me - this is not my fav food - but one that I learning to love.






Then we caught up with more teachers...when we saw him across the street...yes we screamed like teen fan girls at him!  

Soon it was time to find seats and get some group pictures.  I will not post them without permission.

Next up was the actual show...it was almost two hours about improving the culture of our schools.  I do not want to give up too much of the show.  It was not only hilarious, but deeply moving.  The ending sent the tone.  One big take away is re-looking at my way of thinking.  YES this theme keeps coming back to me. 

Guess it is time to work on my outlook.  Look at my blessings.  See the glass as half full.

Totally worth my time...Glad that I got out of my head and took the chance.

Had to get a selfie!

Cute theater

Here he is!

So my message to myself is to take the chance...make the time...go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment