Friday, January 14, 2022

Crazy week update

 I honestly do not have much to post on this page.  Covid 19 finally shut my family down from two angles.  1st time that we are directly affected in 21 months!

I have been at home since Saturday night and it has been surreal. 
I left Saturday for 1 activity thinking that we were all healthy and no one told us to stay home.  

As an aside, I have been following the recommendations of our school district pandemic coordinator.  So if any of this posts is against your views...know that each decisions was directed/led by the professionals in my district NOT me making my choice.

But here is my story:

First, my son started with a headache and fever on Thursday.  He stayed at home Thursday and Friday.  The healthy family members could still attend school and activities since we did not have a test result...just wear a mask and be smart.

Friday night, I gave my oldest a ride home from work while her car was being repaired.  She was negative that morning when she took a test to return to school.  On Saturday night, she called to say that she was now POSITIVE.  That put me out on Monday-Wednesday as a "close contact".  But I felt fine!

Monday we took my son to the doctor for a return note for school which led to a Covid test.  On Wednesday, we found out he was a positive.  But Thursday through Tuesday (1/6 to 1/11) was his isolation with the updated guidelines from the CDC.  So back to school he went on Wednesday.  

But because of the positive test, the rest of the siblings and myself are now in "isolation/quarantine" so instead of returning to school Thursday and Friday.  I ended up being out ALL week.

Long story short, the positive kid is back in school and the mostly healthy kids and mom are at home.  We have joked about sending him out to Dollar General down the road for milk since he is the only who is supposed to leave the house.  We are masking and trying to sanitize and wash everything. 

The guidelines are hard to follow and keep changing.  

Overall, we have stayed relatively healthy.  I missed some fun lessons at school and really do not know how STEAM went.  I typically can check in or pop in after hours to check on life, but not right now.  

I left an easier paper snowflake project for 2nd - 4th grade.  2nd grade might have done pebble go research on snow?  3rd and 4th grade explored Interland which is a Google Internet Safety activity.

Be Internet Awesome Game Link

K and 1 worked on symmetry penguins.  I really wanted to see the cute results.  I left some possible penguin research on Pebble Go.  Thanks to Instagram - Penguin inspiration

Here is my example before eyes and a beak!



I will not know what happened or how it went until Tuesday.  I do know that Monday-Thursday that I had the same sub and a new one today.  Most of my classes were actually covered!  

It has been a lesson in letting go, loving my family, accepting this crazy disease, and lots of family time.  

Next week, I hope to do my shape snowflakes, melting snow experiments, arctic animal stations, penguin coloring, and augmented reality!  So much to plan and no way to copy worksheets, prep activities, etc...

Time to check on 6th and 8th grade math.  It is like running a one room school or virtual learning where no one wants to do anything but must do something.

Stay warm...stay healthy...create some memories even in the chaos!  

3 comments:

  1. It's so hard with all the changes and policies. I hope everyone is okay and next week will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It can be so confusing. I asked so many questions and did a lot of research/reading to try to keep everyone safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete