Saturday, November 20, 2021

November 2021

 I feel like I am taking my reader/blog followers on an emotional roller coaster.  But that is just what this year has been.

The second week of November was a SUPER successful book fair.  It exceeded normal sales by almost $2000.  No extra zeros!  This means almost $4000 in new books and STEAM materials from Scholastic.
The students worked on watching a few shows on PBS learning media.  K - 2 watched Hero Elementary.  3rd and 4th watched Compact Science on chicken wings/buffalo wings and sponge candies as well as working on the traveling mural!!

This is so close to done, but a few sections were left for absent students or just not completed during STEAM/library time.

Unfortunately, this project was put to a STOP by virtual learning.  YES...we had to transition to remote learning for the past week and the week before Thanksgiving.  

I am doing a new K - 2 lesson based on Peter Reynolds book called "Our Table".  


3rd and 4th grade are continuing with EduTyping and Kodables.  It seems to be a challenge for the students to find and watch my introduction video then complete two 10 minute activities.  However, I could not really continue simple machines or electricity virtually.

Mrs. Fonzo and I are finally discarding ALL of the books from Seneca High School library as we help it undergo a MAJOR transformation.  
Here is short LOOM video of this progress...Loom - Seneca Library

I am super excited for DE"STEM"BER again.  K is going to be making a tree craft, 1st is going to be making an upcycled tree, 2nd grade are making paper bag gingerbread houses and corner book marks, 3rd grade are going to make marble runs out of upcycled materials, and finally 4th are making light up cards with paper circuits if I can get the materials in from Amazon in time.

There is so much fun to come...I hope to finish the mural, continue to document the changes in Pumpkin Jack, and get ready for 3 fun weeks of DE"STEM"BER.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Plus today - I realize that we are half way through the Bible in a Year...okay Bella and I are way behind but forward is a direction.  I talk about this podcast in this blog post last December.  New Year New Start

Here is a link to the podcast...https://bibleinayear.fireside.fm/day-183

I am also making progress on St. Faustina's diary - I am around day 165!  Again - slow and steady :)


No comments:

Post a Comment