Saturday, June 5, 2021

Summer 2021

 SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE!

I am not a good independent reader...I prefer a book club type setting or a podcast or a read aloud.  Just too busy to sit and just read for pleasure and myself.

I will keep listening to my two podcasts about my faith.

Looking for new books for my children to read...have a few fun ideas but it is really up to them.  Our school library has a series called "Caveboy Dave" by Aaron Reynolds that look like fun for TJ.  Then I had a friend post a book their child chose at the library and it just looked like a fun kid read for either Bella or TJ.  Lucas will be working through school readers, Dick and Jane, and easy readers - practicing those "high frequency words" or "trick words" as well as sounding out words!  Also need to find something to motivate the 13 year old to read for pleasure too.




For myself, I am reading a book called "Leading from the Library" with a group called 'Future Ready Librarians.' 


 


My first assignment was to create a slide about me!  Here is what I created - my favorite part is the kids on the water edge.


In addition, my family hopes to travel to some local/regional science museums.  I need to finish setting that up.  It will be purchased through a gift from a generous aunt at Christmas time.

I will keep you posted...What are you reading?  What are your children reading?







No comments:

Post a Comment