Wednesday, June 27, 2018

What are we reading?

My family read through over 20 Magic Tree House books starting two years ago.  Life got busy, bedtime routines changed, house moving happened, etc... We stopped reading around number 25 (they get a bit re-dundant for the adults).  Here is the original post as well as a link to the Magic Tree House website!
Family Reading Post

Well it is time to TRY a PM book reading.  The van is a challenge since TJ is in the back row and wears hearing aides.  He struggles to hear me way up front!   Back to bedtime reading it is.
As a family, we just watched Wonder!  It inspired me to check out the book and read it as a family.  We have only read a few pages, but I love the short segments so far!

Image result for wonder the book

In addition, I have read a new book by Brian Selznick.  It is part comic book/graphic novel, part story, and part I Spy.  It was a quick read, but very enjoyable.

Image result for monkey private eye

Personally, I was given a book for volunteering at church,  I read part of it immediately in January, but put it down.  I am determined to finish it.  I am just struggling with the idea of reading for information versus enjoyment piece.

Image result for Scott hahn christmas book

My children are reading a variety of books.  Lucas (age 2) is into Pete the Cat.  TJ (age 5) is working on some level 1 readers from the library.  Bella-Ann (age 8) is devouring Junie B Jones,  Ben (age 10) is supposed to be starting his book for his middle school reading assignment.  Maybe later today on this rainy afternoon, we can all curl up and read for a little while.  Starting is the hardest part!

What are you reading this summer?  What recommendations do you have for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment