Sunday, March 25, 2018

Life Long Learning

Recently, I have found a couple of new pathways for online learning.  Some result in a certificate, micro-credentials, and even free materials.

THE BEST PART IS THAT THE FIRST TWO ARE 100% FREE!  I think that EverFi will also be free as well.

A teacher in the 21st century is partially evaluated on continuing to learn and grow.

I will share some resources and websites for my fellow educators to use and share!

The first one that I found was through online Facebook group called "Future Ready Librarians".  The group told me about was the Sesame Street Community.  The website offers both webinars and mini-courses.  They are designed for 2 to 5 year olds, but the information is very helpful for teachers who are working with Pre-K and K students!  I just completed my first course called "Building a Reader".  I earned a certificate as well as 25 sesame street themed books!

Sesame Street Communities



The second item that I have found could be addicting!  It is Microsoft in Education online courses.  It has a fun badge earning environment.  You earn points, certificates, and badges.  Feel free to connect with me to learn all about the Microsoft Suite and Skype opporunities!  I am just getting started, so look for more information as I earn badges and points!
Follow ME

Next fall, I hope to get a micro-credential in STEM education through EverFi.  I hope to apply in mid-August for the fall session on STEM.  The company also offers one in Financial Education. 
Look for continuing information about this opportunity as well!
EVERFI

No comments:

Post a Comment