Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 - One Word - PATIENCE

Last year, I posted about the "One Word" challenge by Jon Gordon and his book.  You can find that post at this link - 2017 One Word



So last year my word was TRUST.  WOW - it was a year full of needing to trust so many things that were "out of my control"

Here are just a few times when I needed TRUST in the past year:

  • My mom had minor brain surgery (and came through it) - we had to trust those surgeons!
  • I was nominated to spend a week at Keystone Technology Integrators training in July.  Little did I know that I would be in the middle of moving and pregnant.  I had to trust others to work on projects based on a few pinterest pictures to get this process started.
  • Moving - lots of trust in this situation
  • Work - changing personel in the library meant that I had to trust my administration
  • Learning that my now 5 year old has moderate to severe hearing loss.  I had to trust the medical team to get him the right equipment to make him a successful Kindergartener
  • Teens ;)  I had to trust my daughter as she navigated driving, graduating, select a college, and more.  
  • New babies - the whole pregnancy and birth involved lots of trust.  Thank goodness for knowledgable birth team!

So onto a new year, new start, new word - PATIENCE!






Definitions:

  • the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset (as per Google)
  • the quality of being patientas the bearing of provocation,annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper,irritation, or the like. (dictionary.com)


So I have created a pinterest board to keep my motivation going and to get more inspirational quotes!

Patience board

What is your word for 2018?
Share below in this padlet - click on the little + below and it will give you a "sticky note" to post below!

Made with Padlet

No comments:

Post a Comment