Monday, March 11, 2019

Family reading

Finding time to be part of scouts, choir, church, and other activities leaves limited opportunities for evening reading.

Excuse or reality...it is what it is.

I am trying to keep up with my 1 picture book a day.  I am using the "1 second app".

A couple of years ago, we read through over 20 Magic Tree House books over 6 months.  Here is that post Reading post
It was great, but this series soon loses its excitement and momentum.  It worked for a while, but quickly interest faded and life interrupted us.

Fast forward to two weeks ago.  My 3rd grader is not challenging herself as a reader and is studying the midwest region.  It was time to pull out my Little House book series.

Currently, we just finished chapter 5.

Pros - great conversation topics and lots of history discussions
Cons - super long chapters

I will keep you posted how we progress!


Did you know this is book 1?

No comments:

Post a Comment