Saturday, September 22, 2018

Little Free Library Traveling Journal

I have become obsessed with Little Free Libraries.  I made my dad/daughter visit several for me while they went on vacation.  I look for them as we travel near and far.  I keep a box to fill them up as I drive by (even in rougher neighborhoods).  Recently, I even created a "Google Doc" on the Little Free Libraries in Erie County.  Here is the link - LFL - ERIE COUNTY PA

Naturally, I was excited to hear about a traveling journal of Little Free Libraries.  About 2 weeks ago, I received the box on the night of open house.  No time to open it...life was crazy.  Fast forward, I carved out time on Monday last week to open the box.  It was like Christmas.  The old worn looking journal called out to me.  Plus the previous senders included a picture book of Philadelphia and bookmarks!  I was so touched.  I read and perused the book for an hour or so at bedtime.  So many touching stories...so many amazing places!

Next, I had to write my entry in TRAVEL.  What do I say?  What makes our Little Free Library special and unique?  What do others want to know about my library?

Today, I penned my essay, took pictures, printed pictures, and more!  TRAVEL is ready to move on with a surprise for the next location (shhhh...I will tell you once they receive it!)

I cannot wait to follow up on TRAVEL's BLOG.  I do not want to let it go.  Will I do another traveling journal - YES!  I might start one to go from school library to school library and create a map...like Flat Stanley.

Here are a few pictures to illustrate what I am talking about!  You can learn more about TRAVEL at the following link - MEET TRAVEL

The outside of the journal

My entry into TRAVEL journal

My pictures and wrap up


My sweet Philadelphia book from the previous steward


The bookmarks enclosed as well!

TRAVEL IS OFF TO VERMONT 




No comments:

Post a Comment